Now you can Update Huawei P8 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 for Huawei P8 Lite is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite.
XDA Recognized Contributor surdu_petru released the initial build of GZOSP Oreo ROM for Huawei P8 Lite but the ROM contain bugs and not stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Huawei P8 Lite and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite. The Huawei P8 Lite Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite from below and Update Huawei P8 Lite to Android Oreo manually.
Whats Working :
- adb & mtp connectivity
- Internal & External Storage
- Audio & Video playback
Whats NOT Working :
- This ROM is work on Huawei P8 Lite. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 ROM for Huawei P8 Lite
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.