Huawei has unveiled yet another mid-range smartphone under the Nova series with the launch of the Nova 2s in China. The handset comes with a range of premium features for a relatively affordable price. This includes a massive 6-inch edge-to-edge screen and a multitude of cameras on both the front and back.
To begin with, the Huawei Nova 2s features a 6-inch Full HD+ display on the front with an aspect ratio of 18:9. Flaunting the company’s signature all-glass body, the phone looks every bit of high-end as its price. Huawei has also managed to cram in a narrow home button on the chin which houses the fingerprint sensor as well.
Under the hood, the Nova 2s is powered by Huawei’s Kirin 960 octa-core processor, 6/4GB of RAM, 128GB internal storage that is expandable up to 256GB and a non-removable 3340mAh battery. The phone runs on Android Oreo out-of-the-box with Huawei’s custom EMUI 8.0 skin on top.
The rear camera setup includes a regular 16-megapixel f/1.8 aperture and another 20-megapixel monochrome sensor for producing relatively better colors and depth-of-field effects. The front optics arrangement also has two shooters — one wide-angle 20-megapixel lens and an additional 2-megapixel camera for achieving portrait mode in selfies. Additionally, the Nova 2s features a USB Type-C port, NFC, and a standard headphone jack as well.
There are three color options to choose from — Black, Gray, Red, Rose Gold, and Blue. It starts at 2699 yuan ($408 / Rs. 26,350) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2999 yuan ($454 / Rs. 29,265) for 6GB RAM+64GB and 3399 yuan ($514 / Rs. 33,165) for a special edition Yixing Zhang variant that comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
Huawei Nova 2s Specifications
- Dimensions: 156.9×75.1×7.5mm; Weight: 169g
- 6-inch Full HD+ (2160×1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) octa-core processor, i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD), 4G LTE, NFC
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 16MP (RGB), 20MP (Monochrome), f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera, LED flash
- 3340mAh battery