Download Android 6.0 to Manually Upgrade Asus Zenfone 2 ze551mk to Marshmallow
ASUS Zenfone 2 variants ZE551ML & ZE550ML started receiving Android marshmallow update in late August. Embargo, ASUS maintained the update as a manual process and most users did not receive an OTA upgrade to Android 6.0.1. So, the only way to improve these Zenfone 2 devices for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) is to manually download the update file.
We know that everyone is talking nougat but if their Asus Zenfone 2 continues to run Lollipop, reading to learn how to manually upgrade the Asus device to marshmallow at least.
The update brings marshmallow wonder along with some exchanges. This includes the inability to move apps to the SD card, remove multiuser functionality, reduce available space for user files, remove stock apps; etc.
Software update Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after the upgrade, backup data is recommended and transfer media (photos & videos) to the SD storage card sufficient before starting the software update.
Android marshmallow does not support APP2SD. Please move applications to internal storage before system updates.
Multiuser function not supported if account is deleted. Please keep your account in order to continue use.
Removed applications :.
1. ASUS Backup
2. Transfer of data
3. Dr .. Eye (TW SKU)
4. Jawbone UP
5. EZTABLE (TW SKU)
6. Google Play Books
7. Google Play Games
8. Google Play Newsstand
9. Google +
12. Party link
13. PC Link
14. Photo frame
15. Remote Link
17. What is next
18. Yahoo Shopping (TW SKU)
19. ZenFlash (can be downloaded from Google Play)
21. ASUS Game Center
Added new applications:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr .. Pressure Booster
5. Facebook Messenger
This update removes ASUS email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS messages, ASUS browser and ASUS music and will not be loaded in this software release. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger, Google Chrome, and Google Play Music for relevant services.
Download marshmallow update file for Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML & ZE550ML)
Asus Zenfone 2 marshmallow update file can be downloaded from the Asus website.
Click the link below depending on the device. Please make sure that you download the package that matches your SKU. That is, download WW if your currently installed SKU is WW. Choose your regional variant well. Flashing an incorrect version may brick your device.
Download for ZE551ML (Z00A)
Download for ZE550ML (Z008)
How to download?
Simply visit the link that matches your device model.
Choose Android as the operating system.
Enlarge firmware section.
Choose the most recent version of the xx 4 series. Example: 22.214.171.124
Updating Zenfone 2 Using the update file
Once you have the downloaded files, you have 3 different ways to update your phone. Method 1 is the easiest to follow. Embargo, If you have access to a PC we recommend method 2 as it is safest to carry out. Our preference: Method 2> Method 3> Method 1.
Back up all important data (messages, photos, etc.). Also, Moving applications saved on the SD card to the phone’s memory as App2SD is no longer supported in marshmallow.
Method 1 : Update Asus Zenfone to Marshmallow From within Android
Update to the latest version of Lollipop using Settings> About> System Update.
Make sure you have at least 60% battery and 2GB of internal storage free. This is necessary by the phone to extract the update files.
Copy the downloaded update file directly to your internal storage.
The phone will display a file of the system update detected notification in a couple of minutes. Tap the notification.
- Select the update file and start the update.
- The phone will restart in recovery mode, update and restart normally.
- Wait for applications to optimize.
- Enjoy the new software update. You will need to update Google play services immediately after the upgrade so that all apps work normally.
Method 2 – Update Asus Phone to Marhmallow via ADB (PC needed)
It is recommended after this method to update your phone if you have access to a PC. There is less chance of the phone getting brick during the upgrade.
- Download & Install ADB & Drivers for your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Start in fastboot mode by pressing and holding the power & volume keys up.
- Use the volume keys to select the recovery mode. Press the power button to select.
- Select Apply Bad update in recovery mode and connect the phone to the P
- C via USB cable.
- Zeenfone 2 update of the recovery of
On your PC, Navigate to the folder where you saved the marshmallow update file.
- Click while holding down the Shift key and choose Open Command Window here.
- Run the following command in the command window. Replace UL-Z00A-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip with the exact name of the downloaded file.
side mounting ADB UL-Z00A-WW-188.8.131.52-user.zip
- Wait for the file to be sent to your phone and be installed.
- Zenfone side mount ADB 2 marshmallow
- When all done, choose Restart the system now restart the phone.
- Wait for applications to optimize.
Method 3- Upgrade to MArhmallow Update via SD card
If method 2 is not followed, consider following this method as it is almost equally safe.
- Copy the marshmallow update file to your phone’s SD card.
- Start in recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power & Volume keys up and then choose Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply SD Card Update.
- Scroll to the update file and install it.
- When done, choose Restart the system now
- Wait for applications to optimize and enjoy marshmallow on your Zenfone.
- You may notice slow performance for a while after upgrading. The system takes time to build the cache and perform the optimization of the application. Your phone should perform normally after all.
If you are not happy with the updated version, you are always free to downgrade the Lollipop version. Embargo, the new version brings some usability improvements and missing system.